VVB 12u Tournament Rules
LITTLE LEAGUE RULES APPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:
(1) A team is only allowed a manager and 3 coaches on the roster. No managers or coaches are allowed on the field of play while the game is in progress. ONE coach must be in the dugout at all times.
(2) Coaches are allowed outside dugouts during the game. However, they will be called for interference when applicable.
(3) You must have at least 8 players at all time to play.
(4) Coaches may warm-up pitchers between innings if the catcher is not ready.
(5) A courtesy runner MUST be used for the catcher with 2 outs. This applies to the current catcher of record that is going to continue as catcher.
(6) No more than 5 warm-up pitches between innings.
(7) Drop third strike is NOT in effect.
(8) No more than 2 offensive time outs per half inning.
(9) Mandatory 15 Run Rule after 3 ½ or 4 innings.
(10) You may pitch as many 12 year olds in a week as you wish. A pitcher may only throw 3 innings in a game and only 5 innings in a calendar week. One pitch constitutes an inning. A pitcher throwing 3 innings in a game must have a day’s rest.
(11) Open defensive substitutions allowed except for pitchers. Once the pitcher is removed from the mound, he cannot return to the mound.
(12) Time limit: No new inning after 1 hour 45 minutes except in case of a tie. Must have a winner.
(13) NO on deck batters allowed.
(14) You “MAY” bat your entire line-up if you wish.
(15) Any coach ejected will be suspended from his next game, and circumstances pertaining to ejection will be referred to the board to determine eligibility for remainder of the season.
(16) NO big barrel bats allowed, no metal cleats.
(17) No player is allowed to sit on the bench for more than six consecutive defensive outs. All players must play at least half the game in a defensive position. When re-entering defense, the player must play in a different defensive position than they were previously playing.
NOTE: It is the manager’s responsibility to ensure that the minimum play requirement is met. Managers failing to comply with the minimum play requirements will be subject to disciplinary action.