VVB 8u Tournament Rules
LITTLE LEAGUE RULES APPLY WITH FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:
(1) A team may only have a manager and 3 coaches on the roster.
(2) No defense coaches are allowed in the outfield, one must be behind the catcher and one must be in the dugout. On offense one coach must be in the dugout at all times.
(3) Coaches may stand outside dugouts during the game. However, they will be called for interference when applicable.
(4) Maximum 6 pitches per batter. Batter is out if the ball is not put in play on the sixth pitch. Exception if 6th pitch is fouled ONE more pitch is allowed.
(5) No walks
(6) No called strikes, swinging strikes outs only.
(7) Each team must bat their entire line-up.
(8) No player is allowed to sit out more than six consecutive defensive outs. All players must play at least half the game in the field. NOTE: It is the Manager's responsibility to ensure that the minimum play requirement is met. Managers failing to comply with the minimum play requirements will be subject to disciplinary action.
(9) An inning concludes when 3 outs are recorded or when the entire line-up has batted. When the 6th batter comes to the plate, there are automatically 2 outs.
(10) Time limit: No new inning after 1 hour 30 minutes except in case of a tie. Must have a winner.
(11) A runner may advance one base on a play in the infield. (Exception if an overthrow occurs on the play then the runner may advance one more base). Any player thrown out advancing farther than allowed remains out).
(12) A runner may advance one base on an overthrow to an infielder in the infield and there is only one overthrow per hit ball. Any player thrown out advancing farther than allowed remains out.
(13) Open defensive substitutions
(14) A courtesy runner MUST be used for the catcher with 2 outs. This applies to the current catcher of record that is going to continue as catcher.
(15) 10 defensive players will be used / the 10th player must be an outfielder / The outfielder must be stationed equally to the other outfielders / If in the discretion of the umpire, the 10th player is playing closer to the infield than the other outfielders, a ground rule double may be awarded.
(16) NO on deck batters are allowed.
(17) Any player attempting to bunt will be called out and no runner may advance.
(18) Any coach ejected will be suspended from his next game, and circumstance pertaining to ejection will be referred to the board to determine eligibility for remainder of season.
(19) No Coach Pitch Bats (Big Barrel) allowed.
(20) Pitchers must have one foot on the dirt before the ball is released from the pitching machine.
(21) If the ball hits the pitching machine on a throw, it is ruled DEAD and the runner must stop at the base he/she is closest to. If the batter hits the machine, the ball is DEAD and all runners advance one base if forced.
(22) VVB may use young people to umpire these games. We feel it serves 2 purposes: it allows the older kids who not want to play a chance to participate, and it also allows them to make a little money. These kids are learning just like your players, so we expect tolerance from our coaches. If you verbally abuse one of these kids, you will be subject to a penalty, which could include a permanent ban from VVB. If you have a problem with one of them, call us immediately and we will deal with it. Do not attempt to handle the situation yourself.
(23) The infield fly rule IS NOT in effect.