16u & 18u Rules Tournament Rules
2015 Rule changes
Effective immediately there will only be 3 coaches allowed in the dugout at USSSA games. All assistant coaches must be listed on your team's online roster on www.usssa.com under the "Coaches Listing" option. In addition, no one other than official coaches and players are allowed in the dugout at any time.
Effective immediately players playing up in age can not play up any more than 2 league ages. For example a 12U player could play up to 14U but not to 15U
• 7 innings with no new inning after 2:00. Exception: In pool play, if game is tied at the end of 7 innings and there is still time on the clock, extra innings are played until time expires.
• Mercy Rule 15 after 3 innings, 12 after 4 innings and 8 after 5 innings.
• Teams may bat a nine (9) player line-up, a ten (10) player line-up using an Extra Hitter (EH) or a continuous line-up of all present uniformed players. Such line-up must be declared before the start of the game and used the entire game.
• If the Extra Hitter (EH) is not be utilized, then the Designated Hitter (DH) may be utilized. A DH may be designated for any one starting player (not just pitchers) and all subsequent substitutes for that player in the game.
• A starting defensive player cannot be listed as the DH in the starting lineup.
• A DH for said player shall be selected prior to the start of the game, and his name shall be included on the lineup cards presented to the umpire-in-chief and to the official scorer.
• Failure to declare a DH prior to the game precludes the use of a DH in the game.
• If a pinch hitter or pinch runner for the DH is used, that player becomes the new DH.
• The player who was the DH may re-enter as the DH under the re-entry rule.
• A DH and the player for whom he is batting are locked into the batting order. No multiple substitutions may be made that will alter the batting order.
• The role of the DH is terminated for the remainder of the game when: (1) The defensive player, or any previous defensive player for whom the DH batted, subsequently bats, pinch-hits, or runs for the DH; (2) The DH or any previous designated DH assumes a defensive position.
• All bats for 15u – 18u divisions must be a bbcor bat limitations including a length to weight ratio no greater than negative three (-3) ounces.
• There are no pitching restrictions.