10u VVB Fall Ball Rules
LITTLE LEAGUE RULES APPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:
- A team may only have a manager and 3 coaches on the roster.
- On defense 2 coaches may be in the outfield. On offense, one coach must be in the dugout at all times.
- Coaches are allowed outside the dugouts during the game. However, they will be called for interference when applicable. You must have a coach inside the dugout.
- Any team with less than nine players may borrow a player or players for the outfield in order to play the game during regular season. If playing with less than 9 players the lineup shall shrink and no outs recorded. Players shall be added to the bottom of the lineup as they arrive to the game.
- Coaches may warm up pitchers between innings, if the catcher is not ready.
- Open defensive substitutions are allowed. Once the pitcher is removed from the mound, they cannot return to the mound.
- No more than two offensive time outs per half inning.
- A courtesy runner MUST be used for the catcher with 2 outs. This applies to the current catcher of record that is going to continue as catcher.
- If there is an overthrow on a play being made from the infield or outfield, then the runner may advance one more base. NOTE: There is only one overthrow per hit ball. Any player thrown out advancing farther than allowed remains out.
- No more than 5 warm-up pitches between innings.
- Any team with less than nine players may borrow a player in order to play the game during regular the season.
- NO on deck batter is allowed.
- Coach may concede once his team is down by 15 runs after 3 1/2 or 4 innings.
- Time limit: No new inning after 1:30. Once an inning is started, it must be completed regardless of the home team's status. Exception: Game will DROP DEAD at 1:45. If a player is batting when Drop Dead time expires, the player must complete their turn at bat prior to stopping the game.
- No standings will be kept and the year end tournament will determine the champion. A blind draw will be held to determine brackets.
- Each team MUST bat their entire line-up.
- No player is allowed to sit on the bench for more than six consecutive defensive outs. All players must play at least half the game in a defensive position. When re-entering defense, the player must play in a different defensive position than they were previously playing.
- An inning concludes when 3 outs are recorded or when the entire line-up has batted. When the 6th batter comes to the plate, there are automatically 2 outs.
- A pitcher may only pitch 3 innings per game and 5 innings per week. One pitch constitutes an inning.
- Once third base is occupied, the runner may advance only by being hit in or walked in. No stealing home on an overthrow.
- For the first 5 games, each team will use 4 outfielders, and for the remaining games, each team will use 3 outfielders. This includes tournament play.
- Any coach ejected will be suspended from his next game, and circumstances pertaining to ejection will be referred to the board to determine eligibility for remainder of the season.
- NO COACH PITCH BATS ALLOWED
NOTE: It is the Manager's responsibility to ensure that the minimum play requirement is met. Managers failing to comply with the minimum play requirements will be subject to disciplinary action.