14u VVB Fall Ball Rules
JUNIOR LITTLE LEAGUE RULES APPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:
- A team is only allowed a manager and 3 coaches on the roster. No managers or coaches are allowed on the field of play while the game is in progress.
- Coaches are allowed outside dugouts during the game. However, they will be called for interference when applicable.
- Any team with less than nine players may borrow a player for the outfield in order to play the game during the regular season. If playing with less than 9 players the lineup shall shrink and no outs recorded. Players shall be added to the bottom of the lineup as they arrive to the game.
- Coaches may warm-up pitchers between innings if the catcher is not ready.
- On deck batter is allowed.
- You “MAY” bat your entire line-up. If you bat your entire line-up, open defensive substitutions are allowed. Once the pitcher is removed from the mound, he cannot return to the mound in the same game. Everyone must play 6 consecutive defensive outs per game.
- No more than 2 offensive time outs per half inning.
- A courtesy runner MUST be used for the catcher with 2 outs. This applies to the current catcher of record that is going to continue as catcher.
- Coach may concede once his team is down by 15 runs after 4 1/2 or 5 innings.
- All balks will be called.
- A pitcher may only pitch 4 innings per game. One pitch constitutes an inning.
- Time Limit: No new inning after 1:45. Once an inning is started, it must be completed regardless of the home team's status. Exception: Game will DROP DEAD at 2 hours. If a player is batting when Drop Dead time expires, the player must complete their turn at bat prior to stopping the game.
- No standings will be kept and the year end tournament will determine the champion. A blind draw will be held to determine brackets.
- Any coach ejected will be suspended from his next game. Circumstances pertaining to ejection will be referred to the board to determine eligibility for remainder of the season.
- Metal cleats are allowed.
- No player is allowed to sit on the bench for more than six consecutive defensive outs. All players must play at least half the game in the field. When re-entering defense, the player must play in a different defensive position than they were previously playing.
NOTE: It is the Manager's responsibility to ensure that the minimum play requirement is met. Managers failing to comply with the minimum play requirements will be subject to disciplinary action.