8u VVB Fall Ball Rules
LITTLE LEAGUE RULES APPLY WITH FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:
1. A team may only have a manager and 3 coaches on the roster.
2. On defense two coaches may be in the outfield, one must be behind the catcher and one must be in the dugout. On offense one coach must be in the dugout at all times.
3. Coaches may stand outside dugouts during the game. However, they will be called for interference when applicable.
4. Maximum 6 pitches per batter. Batter is out if the ball is not put in play on the sixth pitch. Exception if 6th pitch is fouled ONE more pitch is allowed.
5. No walks.
6. No called strikes, swinging strike outs only.
7. Each team must bat their entire line-up. If an injury occurs where a player can no longer play the lineup shall shrink without penalty. If an injured player continues to play defense and does not take his turn at bat it shall be an out every time.
8. No player is allowed to sit on the bench for more than six consecutive defensive outs. All players must play at least half the game in a defensive position. When re-entering defense, the player must play in a different defensive position than they were previously playing.
9. An inning concludes when 3 outs are recorded or when the entire line-up has batted. When the 6th batter comes to the plate, there are automatically 2 outs.
10. Time limit: No new inning after 1:15. Once an inning is started, it must be completed regardless of the home team's status. Exception: Game will DROP DEAD at 1:30. If a player is batting when Drop Dead time expires, the player must complete their turn at bat prior to stopping the game.
11. A play stops when it is obvious that the ball is being thrown to the pitcher. No runner can advance. If the runner is more than half way to next base, then the runner may continue to the next base. If the runner is not yet half way to the next base, the runner will be returned to the previous base.
12. A runner may advance one base on a play in the infield. Exception: an overthrow on the play then the runner may advance one more base and there is only one overthrow per hit ball. Any player thrown out advancing farther than allowed remains out.
13. Open defensive substitutions.
14. A courtesy runner MUST be used for the catcher with 2 outs. This applies to the current catcher of record that is going to continue as catcher.
15. 10 defensive players will be used. The 10th player must be an outfielder. The outfielder must be stationed equally to the other outfielders. If in the discretion of the umpire, the 10th player is playing closer to the infield than the other outfielders, a ground rule double may be awarded.
16. NO on deck batters are allowed.
17. Any player attempting to bunt will be called out and no runner may advance.
18. Any coach ejected will be suspended from his next game, and circumstance pertaining to ejection will be referred to the board to determine eligibility for remainder of season.
19. VVB may use young people to umpire these games. We feel it serves 2 purposes, it allows older kids who do not want to play a chance to participate, and also allows them to make a little money. These kids are learning just like your players, so we expect tolerance from our coaches. If you verbally abuse one of these kids, you will be subject to a penalty, which could include a permanent ban from VVB. If you have a problem with one of them, call us immediately and we will deal with it. Do not attempt to handle the situation yourself.
20. No Coach Pitch Bats allowed.
21. Pitcher must have one foot on dirt before the ball is released from the machine.
22. If the ball hits the machine on a throw, the play is dead and the runner must stop at the closest base. If the machine is hit by the batter, the ball is dead and all runners advance one base if forced.
23. The infield fly rule IS NOT in effect.
NOTE: It is the Manager's responsibility to ensure that the minimum play requirements are met. Managers failing to comply with the minimum play requirements will be subject to disciplinary action.