VVB 12u Tournament Rules
LITTLE LEAGUE RULES APPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:
(1) A team is only allowed a manager and 3 coaches on the roster. ONE coach must be in the dugout at all times.
(2) Coaches are allowed outside dugouts during the game. However, they will be called for interference when applicable.
(3) You “MAY” bat your entire line-up. If you bat you entire line-up, open defensive substitutions are allowed except for pitchers. Once the pitcher is removed from the mound, he cannot return to the mound in the same game.
(4) You must have at least 8 rostered players at all times to play. When batting 8 players the ninth player in the lineup shall be an out every time. When the additional player(s) arrives they shall be added to the bottom of the lineup.
(5) No player is allowed to sit out more than six consecutive defensive outs. All players must play at least half the game in the field. NOTE: It is the Manager's responsibility to ensure that the minimum play requirement is met. Managers failing to comply with the minimum play requirements will be subject to disciplinary action.
(6) If a player is injured during the game and/or has to leave the game for another commitment, an automatic out will be recorded when it is his or her turn in the batting order.
(7) Coaches may warm-up pitchers between innings if the catcher is not ready.
(8) No more than 5 warm-up pitches between innings.
(9) You may pitch as many 12 year olds in a week as you wish. A pitcher may only throw 3 innings in a game and only 5 innings in a calendar week. One pitch constitutes an inning. A pitcher throwing 3 innings in a game must have a day’s rest.
(10) NO on deck batters allowed.
(11) No more than 2 offensive time outs per half inning.
(12) A courtesy runner MUST be used for the catcher with 2 outs. This applies to the current catcher of record that is going to continue as catcher.
(13) Time limit: No new inning after 1 hour 45 minutes except in case of a tie. Must have a winner.
(14) Mandatory 15 Run Rule after 3 ½ or 4 innings.
(15) Any coach ejected will be suspended from his next game, and circumstances pertaining to ejection will be referred to the board to determine eligibility for remainder of the season.
(16) NO big barrel bats allowed, no metal cleats.