VVB 14u Tournament Rules
JUNIOR LITTLE LEAGUE RULES APPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:
(1) A team is only allowed a manager and 3 coaches on the roster. No managers or coaches are allowed on the field of play while the game is in progress.
(2) Coaches are allowed outside dugouts during the game. However, they will be called for interference when applicable.
(3) You “MAY” bat your entire line-up. If you bat you entire line-up, open defensive substitutions are allowed except for pitchers. Once the pitcher is removed from the mound, he cannot return to the mound in the same game.
(4) You must have at least 8 rostered players at all times to play. When batting 8 players the ninth player in the lineup shall be an out every time. When the additional player(s) arrives they shall be added to the bottom of the lineup.
(5) No player is allowed to sit on the bench for more than six consecutive defensive outs. All players must play at least half the game in a defensive position. NOTE: It is the manger’s responsibility to ensure that the minimum play requirement is met. Managers failing to comply with the minimum play requirements will be subject to disciplinary action.
(6) Coaches may warm-up pitchers between innings if the catcher is not ready.
(7) No more than 5 warm-up pitches between innings.
(8) A pitcher may only throw four innings in a game. Any pitcher throwing 4 innings in a game must have a day’s rest. Pitchers are not allowed to throw more than 7 innings during a calendar week, one pitch constitutes an inning.
(9) All balks will be called.
(10) On deck batter allowed
(11) No more than 2 offensive time outs per half inning.
(12) A courtesy runner MUST be used for the catcher with 2 outs. This applies to the current catcher of record that is going to continue as catcher.
(13) Time Limit: No new inning after 2 hours except in case of a tie. Must have a winner.
(14) Mandatory 15 run rule after 4 ½ or 5 innings.
(15) Any coach ejected will be suspended from his next game, and circumstances pertaining to ejection will be referred to the board to determine eligibility for the remainder of the season.
(16) Metal cleats are allowed