VVB 8u Tournament Rules
LITTLE LEAGUE RULES APPLY WITH FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:
(1) A team may only have a manager and 3 coaches on the roster.
(2) No defense coaches are allowed in the outfield, one must be behind the catcher and at least one must be in the dugout. On offense at least one coach must be in the dugout at all times.
(3) Coaches may stand outside dugouts during the game. However, they will be called for interference when applicable.
(4) Each team MUST bat their entire line-up. If an injury where a player can no longer play or a player must leave the lineup shall shrink without penalty. If an injured player continues to play defense and does not take his turn at bat it shall be an out every time.
(5) You must have at least 8 rostered players at all times to play. When batting 8 players the ninth player in the lineup shall be an out every time. When the additional player(s) arrives they shall be added to the bottom of the lineup.
(6) Open defensive substitutions
(7) Pitchers must have one foot on the dirt before the ball is released from the pitching machine.
(8) 10 defensive players will be used / the 10th player must be an outfielder / The outfielder must be stationed equally to the other outfielders / If in the discretion of the umpire, the 10th player is playing closer to the infield than the other outfielders, a ground rule double may be awarded.
(9) No player is allowed to sit out more than six consecutive defensive outs. All players must play at least half the game in the field. NOTE: It is the Manager's responsibility to ensure that the minimum play requirement is met. Managers failing to comply with the minimum play requirements will be subject to disciplinary action.
(10) NO on deck batters are allowed.
(11) A batter is out after swinging and missing 3 pitches or after a maximum 6 pitches. Batter is out if the ball is not put in play on the sixth pitch. Exception if 6th pitch is fouled ONE more pitch is allowed. (No called strikes)
(12) No walks
(13) Any player attempting to bunt will be called out and no runner may advance.
(14) The infield fly rule IS NOT in effect.
(15) An inning concludes when 3 outs are recorded or when the entire line-up has batted (minimum 9 batters). If the number of players differ: The maximum batters per inning for both teams shall be the smaller amount of batters the team has available at game time. If the game is in process and players arrive late they shall be added to the bottom of the line-up. (Example: Team A has 10 players and Team B has 12 players, the maximum amount of batters per inning would be 10.)
(16) Time limit: No new inning after 1 hour 30 minutes except in case of a tie. Must have a winner.
(17) A runner may advance one base on a play in the infield. (Exception if an overthrow occurs on the play then the runner may advance one more base. Any player thrown out advancing farther than allowed remains out.
(18) A courtesy runner MUST be used for the catcher with 2 outs. This applies to the current catcher of record that is going to continue as catcher.
(19) No Coach Pitch Bats (Big Barrel) allowed.
(20) If the ball hits the pitching machine on a throw, it is ruled DEAD and the runner must stop at the base he/she is closest to. If the batter hits the machine, the ball is DEAD and all runners advance one base if forced.
(21) Any coach ejected will be suspended from his next game, and circumstance pertaining to ejection will be referred to the board to determine eligibility for the remainder of season.