• 7 innings with no new inning after 2:00. Exception: In pool play, if game is tied at the end of 7 innings and there is still time on the clock, extra innings are played until time expires.
• Mercy Rule 15 after 3 innings, 12 after 4 innings and 8 after 5 innings.
• There will only be 3 coaches allowed in the dugout at USSSA games. All assistant coaches must be listed on your team's online roster on www.usssa.com under the "Coaches Listing" option. In addition, no one other than official coaches and players are allowed in the dugout at any time.
- Teams may elect to bat 9 players, or 9 players with a designated hitter (DH), or
- Teams may elect to bat 9 players plus an Extra Hitter (EH), 9 players plus an EH and DH, or (The EH is considered a defensive player and may switch in and out defensively), or
- Teams may elect to bat a continuous line-up of all present, eligible, uniformed players. Such a line-up must be declared before the start of the game and be used the entire game.(No DH is allowed). Any player arriving after the game has begun, shall be added to the bottom of the batting line-up.
- Starters may re-enter one time only in their original spot.
- Teams may play an official game with an eight (8) player line-up. If a team plays with an eight (8) player line-up, an out shall be declared for the ninth (9th) position in the batting line-up each turn at bat.
• A starting defensive player cannot be listed as the DH in the starting lineup.
• A DH for said player shall be selected prior to the start of the game, and his name shall be included on the lineup cards presented to the umpire-in-chief and to the official scorer.
• Failure to declare a DH prior to the game precludes the use of a DH in the game.
• If a pinch hitter or pinch runner for the DH is used, that player becomes the new DH.
• The player who was the DH may re-enter as the DH under the re-entry rule.
• A DH and the player for whom he is batting are locked into the batting order. No multiple substitutions may be made that will alter the batting order.
• The role of the DH is terminated for the remainder of the game when: (1) The defensive player, or any previous defensive player for whom the DH batted, subsequently bats, pinch-hits, or runs for the DH; (2) The DH or any previous designated DH assumes a defensive position.
• All bats for 15u – 18u divisions must be a bbcor bat limitations including a length to weight ratio no greater than negative three (-3) ounces.
• There are no pitching restrictions.